Today and next Monday I’m going to talk about Google Friend Connect.
I’m going to share with you a neat little GFC feature that you might not know about.
Most of us keep a slim (or close) eye on our GFC follower numbers, right? It’s so exciting when your numbers start growing.
But do you get email notifications when someone follows you on GFC? Most people don’t…but it’s a setting in GFC that you can turn on and I’ll show you how.
How To Get New Follower Notifications in GFC
1. Go to the GFC widget on your blog. Make sure you are signed in to your Google account. Here’s a pic of the widget on my personal blog.
2. Click on the Options link under your avatar. A dropdown menu will appear. Click Site Settings.
3. A popup window with your GFC profile settings will appear. Click Messaging.
4. On the messaging screen, check the box that says “Notify me whenever someone new joins my site.”
5. Click Done and you’re all set!
6. Each time someone new follows you on GFC, you’ll get an email that looks like this.
Next week, I’ll show you how you can take this email and instantly engage your new follower in your blog!